The mounting to one bar only has several advantages. When changing lenses, just release one knob with a simple twist and hinge the follow focus unit aside and you can change lenses unobstructed. The new lens will have a different diameter, the Follow Focus Unit CS-MFC-3 will easily be hinged in place to the new diameter of the lens with a one hand operation. Also when the gear is not in the same distance, the unit can be shifted foreward or backwards at the same time. A time-saving advantage.
Thanks to the uniquely profiled support bars, the unit locks very secure and positive with the correct amount of touching towards the gearrack of the lens in order to operate the focus movements without any play in the mechanism.
This follow focus is also able to reverse its rotation direction to accommodate the inverse focus direction of the DSLR lenses.
Other features of the CS-MFC-3 include
- exchangeable gears
- gears mount on front end or backside end
- unit can be rotated for reverse rotation of gears
- double hinge allows for angled position of the knob
- fits to any diameter of lens without modification
- one removable gearstrip for lens included
- accepts Starknob and Flexible Knob extension